Click on Extensions
Click on More Actions (...) >> Install from VSIX ..
After installing, you will see Kiuwan for Developers extension
After installation, you need to configure K4D to connect to Kiuwan. Please, remember that you need to have a valid Kiuwan Account.
Go to File >> Preferences >> Settings
and select User Settings >> Extensions >> Kiuwan
You can find connection settings at User Settings >> Extensions >> Kiuwan
Please, remember that you need to have a valid Kiuwan Account.
The Kiuwan server URL comes preconfigured (leave it with default value).
- This field only needs to be modified in case you are using Kiuwan On-Premises (KOP).
- If you need to modify it (to set your KOP server URL, check Customize kiuan server location )
Fill in User and Password fields with your Kiuwan account's credentials.
In case your Kiuwan account is configured to use Single Sign-On (SSO), enter your Domain ID (consult your Kiuwan admin and see How to integrate Kiuwan with SAML SSO)
To check connection, you can use K4D: Check Connection With Current Settings to select the delivery. See Kiuwan VS Code commands
Mapping your VS Code folder or workspace to your Kiuwan Application
After K4D is installed, you are ready to map your VS Code workspace or folder to a Kiuwan application.
To map your VS Code workspace to Kiuwan, type your Kiuwan app name at Remote Application: Name
Leaving it blank, you can use K4D: Pick Remote Application to select the app.
Source of Defects
Once mapped, you can select the source of the defects that will be shown in VS Code.
- Last baseline analysis
- All the defects found during last complete application analysis (i.e. the Application Baseline)
- Action plan
- Defects included within an Action Plan (you must type the plan name)
- Leaving it blank, you can use K4D: Pick Action Plan to select the action plan. See Kiuwan VS Code commands
- Audit Delivery
- Defects that must be fixed so the Audit of a delivery can be successfull (you must type the delivery name)
Leaving it blank, you can use K4D: Pick Audit Delivery to select the delivery. See Kiuwan VS Code commands
- Defects found for the delivery analysis of the mapped application
- Leaving it blank, you can use K4D: Pick Delivery to select the delivery. See Kiuwan VS Code commands
For Audit Delivery and Delivery , you can select a range of defects.
Limiting and filtering Defects
Finally, you can limit how many defects to download from Kiuwan servers (Defects Limit), as well as filter the resulting set of defects by Characteristics, File Patterns, Language and Priority.
VS Code commands
By selecting Command Palette..
you can use the following list of Kiuwan VS Code commands
For example, if you select Delivery as the source for defects, you can select the right delivery by running K4D: Pick Delivery and selecting among the available ones.
Viewing Kiuwan defects in VS Code
Once configured, just click on the Kiuwan icon to see the defects.
This 'tree of defects' is structured in two or three levels:
- The first level represents 'the rule' which generated the defect.
- If you select it, the bottom section Details will refresh its contents, showing important information about that rule.
- You can also right-click on it and select Show rule documentation in Kiuwan and K4D will open a new tab of your system web browser, pointing to Kiuwan, to show you all existing details about the rule.
- The second level is populated with defects found of the selected rule.
- The Details section will now show information that affects only selected defect, and K4D will try and find the reported file and line among your local sources, to open it in a new editor tab.
- Propagation path:
- The last level will show you all the locations of the code crossed by a security vulnerability, so you can track it, and neutralize it.
Support and Troubleshooting
If you experience problems with the Kiuwan plugin for VS Code , you can read Kiuwan Documentation to find a solution, or if you prefer you can collect troubleshooting information and send it to us.