New version of Kiuwan, CQM, and Kiuwan Engine
Kiuwan CQM and Engine
New SAP HANA SQLScript Rules
As SAP is introducing many new programming technologies, more and more SAP users are confronted with new languages besides ABAP.
One of these is SAP HANA SQLScript, which is used to develop high-performance stored procedures for the SAP HANA in-memory database.
Kiuwan adds support for SQLScript by providing a specific set of SQLScript rules (*) that will apply to files with extensions: .sqlscript and .hana
New Python security rules
(*) You can find new rules by comparing this release of CQM against previous version.
A detailed description of the behavior of these new rules is available in rule’s description.
Unless you have blocked Kiuwan Engine, Kiuwan Local Analyzer will automatically upgrade it to the last version once a new analysis is run.
In order for these new rules be applicable, your Kiuwan account must be configured to allow automatic engine upgrade:
- If you are using CQM, these new rules will automatically become active and will be applied to new analyses.
- If you are using your own custom model, you can activate them in case you want to be applied to your code.
Recategorization of TypeScript and Angular rules
- Nevertheless, there are some rules specific to TypeScript (filter : Framework -> TypeScript )
Besides, Angular rules have been cathegorized according to Angular versions:
- Angular versions previous to 2.x : filter : Framework -> AngularJS
- Angular versions equal or above 2.x : filter : Framework -> Angular
New Passwords Policy
Kiuwan has implemented a more strict password policy that applies to password strength.
This new policy will be applied to any new password (a new one or a modification of a existing one).
For any account, there will be a default policy (12 characters, 2 capital, 2 special characters) but you can customize it to your own requirements.
You can set your acccount's password policy at Account Management >> Password Policies tab (only available to account owner)
Enhanced readability of Software Licenses Terms
Hovering the mouse over the terms you will get further detail.