We are pleased to announce that on June 3, 2020, Kiuwan released a new update!
This release has many new features, including new rules for Java/JSP and C/C++, plus support for the latest version of Java. We have also added the option of auto-disabling accounts that have been left unused. Read below more about this latest Kiuwan update.
1. Improved Java parser to support version 13 & 14
We have also made language syntax changes for Java 13 and 14:
- Switch Expressions
- Text Blocks
- Pattern Matching for Instanceof
2. Improved C/C++ technology support
Our analysis engine now has support for the Tainting Propagation Algorithm and the Local Symbol Table, giving us better support for the detection of vulnerabilities.
We have also added 23 new rules and improved many of the existing ones for both C and C++.
3. New Java/JSP rules
We have added 3 new rules:
- Spring CSRF unrestricted RequestMapping (CWE:352, WASC:9, SANS25:2010:4, OWASP:2013:A8, SANS25:2011:12, PCI-DSS:6.5.1, CWETOP25:2019:9)
- Improper Neutralization of Input leads to Reflected File Download (CWE:79, OWASP:2017:A1, OWASP:2013:A1, SANS25:2010:9, SANS25:2011:2, OWASP-M:2014:M7, CWETOP25:2019:2)
- Specify a integrity attribute on the <script> and <link> elements
4. Django Framework Update
The Django framework has been updated to support up to version 3.0
5. AcuCOBOL Parser Update
The AcuCOBOL parser was updated with support for AcuCOBOL-GT 13.0 and the (few) extensions for Veryant isCOBOL
6. Auto-Disabling of Accounts
Now you can configure auto-disabling of user accounts due to inactivity: Account Policies
7. New tag for CWE 2019 Top 25 Most Dangerous Software Errors
8. New API REST endpoints
GET /deliveries/last_analysis : retrieve the results of last delivery analysis
You can get all API REST endpoint and details at https://static.kiuwan.com/rest-api/kiuwan-rest-api.html
9. CQM v2.6.0
We have released a new version of CQM, our default analysis mode. Find instructions on how to compare this new model to the previous versions here: Comparing Models
Read more in-depth information about this release in our Change Log page in the documentation.