Kiuwan on premise installer is a powerful tool that suits multiple environment scenarios:
- Single-host full contained installation.
- Multi-host installation where infrastructure services are externalized.
- Multi-host installation where kiuwan services are distributed.
- Any combination of the two previous scenarios.
Depending on your needs, a different installation approach will be needed. Check this installation guide for details on how to proceed and find the solution that best fits your requirements.
It is mandatory for any host where a Kiuwan on premises service is installed to meet this requirements:
- Linux distribution
- Linux kernel version 3.10 or higher
- Connectivity to SMTP Mail Server.
- Internet connectivity during the installation process.
- Installing user must be root or have sudo privileges.
These software is also needed:
- Docker CE >=19.03.2
- Docker-compose >= 1.24.1
- A Java Runtime Environment >=8
- openssl >= 1.0.2
- GNU tar
CPU and memory minimum requirements
The following table shows the minimum requirements for each service. Note that these are only minimum requirements. You should take care of giving each service enough resources depending on your system demands.
Note: CPU clock speed and disk speed will affect overal response time.
With the configuration above a system with the following load should give continuous service without problems:
- Parallel processing of 2 analyses (any additional parallel analysis request will be enqueued, and it will be executed as soon as any of the running analyses finishes)
- 50 concurrent web users or REST API calls.
The Kiuwan on premise installation tool (kiuwan-cluster)
Kiuwan on premise installation process is carried out by our "kiuwan-cluster" tool.
The tool is provided as a tar.gz file. The following table summarizes the resources you will find once the tool distribution is extracted:
|/config/volumes.properties||Configuration file to set where your persistent volumes will reside.|
|/docker/*.sh||Advanced shell scripts to interact with your Kiuwan on premise installation.|
|/logs||The installation logs.|
|/ssl||Tools that ease the certificate creation to keep Kiuwan on premise under a secure environment.|
|/user-content||A place to put resources the installation process will need.|
|/volumes||The empty persistent volumes (that may be copied to different locations depending on your installation needs).|
|Main shell scripts to interact with your Kiuwan on premise installation.|
The following sections will guide you through the installation process.
Installation: common steps
Installation: externalizing services
Installation: clustered environments