- Supported IDEs and Requeriments
- Mapping your Eclipse project to Kiuwan Application
- K4D execution modes
- K4D defects list
- Kiuwan for Developers for Microsoft Visual Studio
Kiuwan for Developers (K4d) is a plug-in for the Eclipse IDE that facilitates and automates compliance with quality standards and best practices for several languages. It provides the following benefits:
- Automatic Error Prevention – Coding standards are specific rules for a programming language. By implementing and monitoring compliance with these standards at the time the code is entered you can avoid errors and reduce the time and cost of debugging and testing activities.
- Adoption of Coding Standards – Ensuring the compliance of these standards by a development department can be a long and tedious task without the support of some sort of tool that will facilitate and automate this work. This plugin connects with Kiuwan and harness the power of its quality models to prevent errors and automatically standardise the code.
Kiuwan for Developers monitors and reports on the quality and efficiency of your code at the point that it is written. This immediate feedback provides you with the opportunity to improve your code before it is delivered.
Supported IDEs and Requeriments
To install Kiuwan for Developers just follow the steps below:
- Open Eclipse and, in the main menu, click on Help >> Install New Software...
- Select the Add... option and type the following values:
- Name: Kiuwan
- Location: https://www.kiuwan.com/pub/updatesite
- Pressing Ok will save this new update site and Eclipse will query our server to retrieve available features and plugins
- The Kiuwan for Developers feature will appear in the list below, check it and click on Next >
- Accept the certificate used to sign our product
- When the installation finishes and Eclipse asks to restart the IDE, please do so
If installation successfully completes, Kiuwan for Developers will be up and running upon restart!
The Welcome view will be shown with a new addition on top, Kiuwan for developers, which links with the Quick Start Guide integrated in the IDE. If you closed this view accidentally, you might open it again through Help >> Welcome.
The Quick Start Guide will help you:
- Configure your Kiuwan account and check that there are no problems with your connection and permissions.
- Add the Kiuwan Nature to the projects you want to analyze.
- Learn how and when Kiuwan for Developers analyze your sources.
- Learn about the views that display your analyses results.
Fill in you User and Password of your Kiuwan Account and click Check Credentials to validate access.
In case you are using a proxy, please configure Proxy Settings.
Mapping your Eclipse project to Kiuwan Application
After K4D is installed and connection is configured, you are ready to map your Eclipse project to a Kiuwan application.
To map your Eclipse project to Kiuwan, you can do it in several ways:
- Right-click on your project and select Configure->Convert to Kiuwan Project...
- Right-click on your project and select Properties.
Next dialog will be open.
To map your Eclipse project to a Kiuwan Application allows to execute K4D analysis synced to the Kiuwan Model defined at application level.
This means that K4D analysis will be executed with the same Model (rules, configuration, etc.) defined for for the Kiuwan application.
Please visit Models Manager User Guide for further help on Kiuwan Models.
K4D execution modes
K4D defects list
Once linked your Eclip, you can open Kiuwan Defects List by selecting View -> Other Windows -> Kiuwan Defects Window
Kiuwan for Developers checks automatically for updates on Eclipse startup and on a daily basis after that.
If you need to check it manually, you can do so through the standard Eclipse mechanisms, or by simply going to Window >> Preferences >> Kiuwan and pressing the Check for updates button.
If you experience problems with the Kiuwan plugin for Eclipse, you can read our documentation to try to fix it yourself, or if you prefer you can collect troubleshooting information and send it to us.
A focused set of help topics that is related to the current context can be shown to users on demand using context-sensitive help. This form of user assistance is delivered to users when a platform-specific trigger is activated (e.g. F1 key on Windows, Ctrl+F1 on GTK, Help key on Carbon). Some contexts where help is available are preferences dialogs, project properties dialogs or views.
Important information for troubleshooting is scatered across several log and configuration files. To make this process easier to you, just go to Window >> Preferences >> Kiuwan >> Support and press the Extract support data button. Choose the folder where you want to save this information, and submit to our technical support team the compressed file generated there.
See contact Kiuwan Technical Support on how to contact us. We will address your problem as soon as possible.
Kiuwan for Developers for Microsoft Visual Studio
Kiuwan for Developers (K4D) for MS Visual Studio is a plug-in for Visual Studio that facilitates and automates compliance with security normatives, quality standards and best practices for several languages.
Kiuwan for Developers monitors and reports on security and quality issues of your code at the point that it is written. This immediate feedback provides you with the opportunity to fix/improve your code before it is delivered.
This plugin connects with Kiuwan and harness the power of its security and quality models to prevent vulnerabilities and errors.
First, you need to configure the Kiuwan Gallery to download K4D for VS from Kiuwan.
Go to Tools -> Options
Open Envrinment -> Extension and Updates and Add a new one with URL: https://www.kiuwan.com/pub/vsgallery/atom.xml
After Apply and OK, got to Tools->Extensions and Updates..
Select Online -> Kiuwan Gallery
And click Download. Next, you need to close VS to K4D to be installed.
Click Modify and K4D is downloaded and installed.
After installation, you need to configure K4D to connect to Kiuwan. Please, remember that you need to have a valid Kiuwan Account.
Go to Tools -> Options and select Kiuwan for Visual Studio -> Connection properties