Activity page displays applications activity data.
On this page, you can control and manage the activity of all your software providers, development teams, different applications technologies, etc.
In sort, you can filter the activity by any of the groups of portfolios you have in your account.
By selecting a time period you can access to all the information for that period of time: lines of code analyzed, risks, global indicators, effort to target…
The information displayed indicates the variation of that item within the selected period of time.
This page organizes information in two basic views:
- Applications (information related to changes in metrics and indexes)
- Deliveries (information related to applications life cycle)
Both views allow to display application activity grouped by portfolios.
Application Activity page allows to view changes of applications (activity) on a selected metric or indicator during a certain period of time.
Changes in activity can be viewed for a specific application or for those applications that belongs to a selected portfolio.
Application panel shows changes in the following metrics/indicators:
- Lines of code
- Risk index
- Global indicator
- Effort to target (as defined in the model of the application)
- Accumulated effort
- Number of Defects
As an example, below image shows changes of Global Indicator during the specified time range.
While Evolution page (see Evolution) shows the absolute values of the metric, Activity page shows the variation of the metric value since the beginning of the selected period.
For better understanding, next table shows an example :
Y-Axis values (e.g. Global Indicator)
Usage of Activity page for applications is identical to Evolution page for applications, so please visit Evolution panel documentation page (Evolution) to obtain help on usage.
Activity of Applications Grouped By Portfolio
Using the "Group by" combo, Activity page displays activity of applications grouped by Portfolio values.
For example, selecting "Provider" you could see the activity of applications grouped by provider values during that period of time.
Clicking on the row of a provider will show active applications (i.e. applications that have changed) during the selected period.
Next image shows an example.
In this example, "A Simple Chess Game" application appears twice because during this period was maintained by two different providers, "Chile Factory" and "China Factory". It reduced its size by 110 locs while it was maintained by Chile Factory and by 34 locs while maintained by China Factory.
Deliveries panel displays data on applications/portfolios from a Life Cycle perspective (number of baseline/deliveries, dates, results, etc)
Please go to Deliveries view doc page for deliveries.
Deliveries panel can be accessed clicking on Deliveries link in Activity Panel.
If not grouped, displayed data will be referred to applications. "Group by" combo allows to group applications by the selected portfolio group, so data will be presented for portfolio values.
In the Deliveries graphic, there are two kinds of icons:
- A square : a single Delivery analysis
- A circle: a grouping of Deliveries
In case of a group (a circle), the size of the icon is proportional to the number of deliveries.
The color of the icon is green or red depending on the audit results of the deliveries, being green if Ok and red if Failed. As a circle is a group of deliveries, a mix of green and red indicates that in that group there are deliveries OK and Failed.
Hovering the mouse over the icon will show details on that delivery/group.
For a delivery (square) it will show:
- date of the delivery analysis
- label of the baseline
- score and number of files of the delivery
For a group (circle) it will show:
- total number of deliveries
- number of deliveries OK
- number of deliveries FAIL
Clicking on the correspondent icon you can switch to a line graphic where total number of deliveries is displayed for every application on a timely basis.
Within the selected time period, tabular list displays the following information for every application:
- Baselines : Number of baselines analyzed
- Change Requests: Number of change requests analyzed
- Change Requests OK: Number of change requests whose last analysis was ok, i.e. the audit result was OK
- Failed change request: Number of change requests whose last analysis was failed, i.e. the audit results was FAIL
- Deliveries : Total number of deliveries
- Deliveries OK: Total number of deliveries whose Audit was OK.
- Failed deliveries: Total number of deliveries whose Audit was FAIL.
- Ratio Delivery/Change Requests : Average of deliveries by change request
- Average (%) Change Request OK