Kiuwan for Developers (K4d) is a plug-in for the Eclipse IDE that facilitates and automates compliance with quality standards and best practices for several languages. It provides the following benefits:
Kiuwan for Developers monitors and reports on the quality and efficiency of your code at the point that it is written. This immediate feedback provides you with the opportunity to improve your code before it is delivered.
Kiuwan for Developers (K4D) requires Java 8 or above —either JDK or JRE— is required.
You may download it from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html.
Please visit Java 8 and JAVA_HOME for further info
If your are running Eclipse under Linux/Unix you can experience problems after install K4D.
That's due to some well-known problems with GTK3 use by Eclipse distributions. Please visit next links for furhter info.
To solve this issue, please modifiy eclipse.ini :
Add to your eclipse.ini:
before the line:
To install Kiuwan for Developers just follow the steps below:
- Open Eclipse and, in the main menu, click on Help >> Install New Software...
- Select the Add... option and type the following values:
- Name: Kiuwan
- Location: https://www.kiuwan.com/pub/updatesite
- Pressing Ok will save this new update site and Eclipse will query our server to retrieve available features and plugins
- The Kiuwan for Developers feature will appear in the list below, check it and click on Next >
- Accept the certificate used to sign our product
- When the installation finishes and Eclipse asks to restart the IDE, please do so